I picked up some frozen mango this week and have been making this smoothie in the mornings before I head to work. It’s very easy and quick. You could even prep most of it the night before and just add the almond milk and blend when you wake up. It has lots of protein, potassium, magnesium among other things to start your day off with thanks to the spirulina and hemp seed – we can talk more about why those are so great in another post!
This recipe is for one serving, but if you wanted you could double/triple/quadruple it up and have smoothies for two or more.
Fills one 16 oz mason jar
In order of how I put them in the blender
- Two handfuls of frozen mango
- Three tablespoons of hemp seed (what I used– you can get these on sale from Well.ca)
- One whole banana (you could add an extra if you want to thicken it up)
- One tablespoon spirulina (what I used)
- Filled blender with unsweetened almond milk until it covers the mango (what I used)
I like to start the blender at the lowest setting, so it doesn’t shoot the hemp seed up to the top, then I slowly increase the speed until it’s at the highest setting for about 15 seconds so all the hemp seed are nicely ground up, and that’s it!
You just kicked your day off with 10+ grams of protein (the equivalent of one egg), a few servings of fruits and veggies and more.