Guacamole is one of my favourite things to eat! It tastes like it should be bad for you, but every ingredient in it is amazing for your body. Some people might prefer their guac to be more simple with limited ingredients, but I like mine to be full of flavour!
“Mama’s guac” did not get it’s name by being one of my mom’s specialty dishes. It got it’s name by being so spicy and flavourful that it deserved it’s own theme song, which of course is “Mama said knock you out!”
To make Mama’s guac, cut up and mix together the following ingredients:
- 1 avocado
- Red onion (to taste – i use about 1/4 of a small onion)
- Garlic (to taste – i use at least 3 cloves because I am a garlicaholic… but normal people might use 2?)
- 1/3 jalapeno
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- Salt or Herbamare to taste
- 2 Tbsp Hemp hearts (that you can get online here)
I always add in hemp hearts or black beans to my guac to fill it with protein!
So put on some LL Cool J and try making your own Mama’s Guac!
…or listen to this version…
*I’m going to guac you out!*