This combination is one of my favourites, it’s basically a dessert smoothie, because it’s savoury and sweet, while also being pretty healthy. I drink it in the morning or as a snack and it’s great way to start the day for vegans/vegetarians because you’re getting a bunch of protein from the peanuts and hemp seed — Hemp seed protein is easy to digest, contains all known amino acids as well as a bunch of other goodies for you like magnesium, iron etc. (click here for more nutritional facts) so I love adding it to my smoothies for an extra kick of goodness.
Again, like most of my smoothie recipes, this is for one serving (a full mason jar), but feel free to modify to make more 🙂
in order of how I put them into the blender
- 2 bananas (mine were smaller, so I used two, sometimes size does matter…)
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Handful of ice (totally optional)
- 3 tablespoons of hemp seed
- Enough water to cover the ingredients at the bottom (you can also use milk, but Erin told me to try it with water because it should taste the same. She was right :P)