This smoothie actually tastes like a real milkshake, except every single ingredient in it is good for you! The stars of this smoothie are:
- Cacao Powder – full of antioxidants (up to 4 times the quantity found in green tea) and a great source of magnesium, fibre and zinc
- Vega Choc-a-lot Protein Powder – this plant based protein powder is vegan, gluten-free and has no added sugar. A single scoop has 15g of complete protein, and 2 servings of veggies
- Organic Wheat Grass – one of the best sources of living chlorophyll; check out all of the benefits of wheat grass here. You can grow your own wheat grass and juice it, or you can buy it in powdered form. Right now I am using Amazing Grass, Organic Wheat Grass powder.
- Mint – good for soothing the digestive tract
See below for the full recipe… Ingredients:
- 1 to 2 cups of nut or seed milk (such as almond or hemp seed) depending on how thick you like your smoothie
- 1 heaping spoonful of Cacao Powder
- 1 scoop of Vega chocolate protein powder
- 1 scoop of organic wheat grass powder (or a shot of juiced wheat grass)
- 1 handful of greens of your choice (such as spinach or baby kale)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup of mint leaves or up to 1/4 tsp of peppermint oil
Put into your blender and enjoy! I topped my smoothie with cacao nibs and hemp seeds which added a bit of a crunch!