We want to send a big thank you to Therese from The Baked Apple for nominating us for the Liebster Blog Award. If you haven’t seen her blog, do yourself a favour and go. You’ll drool over everything she makes. I’m already having dreams of her recent post on chocolate cake…
ABOUT THE AWARD
If you don’t know about the Liebster Award, bloggers nominate other bloggers to help readers recognize and discover new blogs. Once someone is nominated, they are to:
- Acknowledge who nominated them
- Answer their eleven questions
- Share 11 facts about themselves
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and give them 11 questions of our own to answer
OUR 11 QUESTIONS FROM THERESE:
1) Why did you start a blog?
Both of us are big sharers… some would say over-sharers (except, sometimes, with food). So when we both started to delve into learning about holistic living – we started to share. We shared with each other as well as any coworker who asked what we were eating, or friend who asked what mascara was on our lashes or what oil we were using on our skin. We blabbed their ear off because we were so excited about what we had learned. Now we can blab on here and hopefully reach a bigger audience to connect with like minded people who we can continue to learn from.
2) What motivates you to keep blogging?
Having this new blog! Now we have to feed it with content, which is exciting. Sharing information on here motivates us to keep learning and trying new recipes and products.
3) What do you always keep in your freezer?
Frozen berries to use in smoothies, “nice-cream”, pancake toppers, chia-parfaits etc!
4) What is your go-to food in stressful situations?
Chocolate, pizza, bread/pasta – luckily we have found healthier versions of all of these!
5) What is your dream job?
Erin: My unrealistic dream job has always been a musician in a cool band… however I don’t play an instrument, and I don’t have a cool band, so… My more achievable dream job is currently a holistic nutritionist as I have become so interested in healing yourself with food – so who knows, maybe my second career one day?
Sasha: Something that involves impacting the environment and people in a positive way, while also including travelling and the ocean. If you know a specific career that does all that, please leave it in the comments below :). To be more specific, I’ve always felt like being a National Geographic photographer would be an incredible career.
6) Where are you in five years?
Continuing to do whatever makes us happy!
7) Which recipe/food do you google the most?
Erin: Healthier versions of all the junk food I love like pizza and banana bread 🙂
Sasha: Easy vegetarian comfort food.
8) What do you look for in a food blog?
Beautiful pictures, easy recipes and some personality!
9) What makes you interested in other blogs? (Pictures, text etc.. )
Again, beautiful photos and funny or interesting writing. Variety of content, so different brands and price points for products.
10) What mood are you in right now?
Excited! Excited to be nominated by a blog that we love, and to pass on the love to other blogs 🙂
11) How will you end your current day? (Take a bath, sing etc.)
Erin: I don’t have much of a “before bed routine”, however I have started to try out laying on the Spoonk Mat before bed to better my sleep. More on that and if it works in another post.
Sasha: Shower then read/watch Youtube or TV and go to bed. Sometimes I listen to a guided meditation if I’m having a hard time winding down.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT US:
- We met in 1st year university and lived across the hall from each other
- Our first hang out was eating a McCain cake and reading magazines – how embarrassing
- Both of us majored in biology in university
- Both of us love music
- We are usually each others concert buddy
- Both of us work in education
- We both Energy Exchange at a yoga studio… together of course
- When we love a new song, it goes on repeat for days
- We’ve been friends for 10 years
- We share the same hairdresser
- We’re planning to start a food garden this spring together! We’ll be sharing the experience with all of you, so stay tuned.
OUR 11 NOMINEES:
- Duckie Sees the World
- Style of Living
- Gimme A Cheese
- Music Between Friends
- A Spoonful of Nature
- Veggie Girl’s Diary
- Eat 2 Health
- Lyndsay Benevides Hair
- Papaya Pieces
OUR 11 QUESTIONS:
- What made you start your blog?
- What’s one book or album you could not live without?
- What’s the first webpage you go to when you get onto the internet?
- What’s your favourite meal to make?
- Favourite restaurant?
- Favourite place to travel, or one you’d like to go to?
- Favourite Instagram accounts or blogs to follow and why?
- What keeps you coming back to a blog?
- How do you feel about themed weekly posts?
- What post of yours are you most proud of?
- If you had to lip-sync for your life, what song would you choose?