This month kicked off my subscription to Petit Vour and I wanted to share a quick recap and review of the products in my February 2015 beauty box, click through to see more details about what I thought of the products :).
FEBRUARY 2015 PETIT VOUR BOX:
- Balanced Guru, Scrub Me Body Scrub – 1 oz sample
- I haven’t used this sample yet, because I’m hoarding it… It isn’t very big so I want to save it to use closer to summer on my legs, or in prep for a fake tan. I’ll update you on my thoughts as I try it out. All I can say right now is that it smells like a delicious coffee shop.
- Ellovi, Mint Chocolate Body Butter – 0.5 oz sample
- I really liked the texture of this body butter and it doesn’t leave a greasy residue for long. Probably absorbs within 5 minutes, unlike straight up coconut oil. I keep this sample on my bedside table to put on my hands before bed, it smells like mint chocolate chip ice cream, so I go to bed craving Baskin & Robbins, but at least my hands are soft when I wake up.
- My Daughters Fragrances, Always Loved – 1 ml sample
- I will admit that I’m not huge on fragrances to begin with so I wasn’t initially excited by this product when I saw it. However, this perfume is free of synthetic fragrances, parabens and phthalates, which I really like. The smell is floral and not too strong.
- Lily Lolo, Vegan Mascara – 7 ml full size product
- This was the stand out winner of this box, and not just because it was a full size product. This mascara is amazing. It volumizes and lengthens with one coat and is complete proof that you don’t have to have synthetics in your make-up for it to work. It’s vegan with all-natural ingredients and works as good as some of the other, non-natural mascaras I’ve used, if not better. Apart from the brush looking different, it reminds me of Benefit’s They’re Real, which I used to use. It washes off with my cleanser easily but I’ve worn it through hot yoga, and it didn’t end up all over my face. The only time I’ve had it transfer was in the wind, when my eyes teared up – it transferred onto my tissue when I was wiping away my tears, but didn’t smear. Great product.
Not too shabby for my first experience with a beauty subscription service! I’m not sure if it’s because I’m in Canada, but it did take a while for the box to get to me and the tracking number they gave never indicated when my package crossed the border, so I thought it was permanently in Illinois:(. There was a lot of anticipation every time I checked the mail, but once I did receive the box, the wait was worth it.
I got to try out new natural, cruelty-free brands that I likely wouldn’t have found or picked out otherwise and I discovered an amazing mascara! The Lily Lolo Mascara would have cost me $20 alone and the box came to $23, so it’s kind of like I bought the mascara and got some extra goodies. I’m going to keep with it for a few more months.
I’m currently waiting on my March box and I’m looking forward to trying out more make-up products. I’ve cleaned up all my skincare products, but still have some non-natural make up I’d like to switch out for better/healthier options.