When food has such a naturally beautiful, vibrant colour, you know that it’s good for you! This smoothie isn’t just easy on the eyes, it’s the full package, loaded with yummy flavours and health benefits!
The colour, taste and benefits come from using a mixture of berries, including blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. As I have mentioned before, combining different types of berries is even better than just using one because they enhance each others antioxidant capacity! The antioxidant capacity of various fruits individually has been found to be less than the same amount of a mixture of fruits.
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh strawberries*
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries*
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries*
- 1 cup water
- 2 heaping spoonfuls of hemp hearts
- 1 scoop of vegan protein powder – I used a pumpkin seed powder
(If you would like it to be sweeter, you can also add a banana)
*Berries are on the Dirty Dozen list, so try to buy organic!
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend it up!