Roasted chickpeas are awesome because you can eat them alone as a delicious and satisfying snack, or you can add them to many different meals (like this pizza, salad, pasta or wraps) as a way to add flavour, texture, fiber and protein!
- 1 can chickpeas – I use Eden Organic because their cans are BPA free
- Drizzle of oil (grapeseed or something with a high smoke point)
- Spices – my favourite thing to use is Arvinda’s curry masala, but you can also use a mix of sea salt, garlic powder, chili powder, turmeric, cumin etc.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Strain and rinse chickpeas
- Place chickpeas in a medium sized bowl and coat with oil and spices
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread chickpeas over tray
- Bake chickpeas for about 35 minutes until crunchy – check and texture test at about 25 minutes