I love guacamole so much that I often end up making a big batch and eating it as a meal! Since I was doing this so often I realized that I should probably add a source of good protein into it to make it more of a complete meal. Now whenever I make guac I always add either hemp hearts, like I did in Mama’s Guac, or black beans. Both are a good source of protein and add a great taste and texture to the guacamole!
- 1 avocado
- garlic, finely chopped (use as much as you want, I use about 3 cloves, but I LOVE garlic… so maybe start with 1 or 2)
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of black beans (drained and cooked)
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup diced mango, or mango salsa
- red onion finely chopped (skip this if you added in the mango salsa as it already has red onion)
- salt or Herbamare to taste
Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix it up! Enjoy with nacho chips, crackers, vegetables, or make avocado toast with it!