My friend Lyndsay, (who also happens to be Sasha’s sister), is into clean eating too, and is a wonderful cook! She loves good food, and loves to share that food with everyone around her. This broccoli, kale, leek soup was a meal she had shared with me the last time I was over, and I liked it so much that I asked her to share the recipe with all of you!
- 2 branches of broccoli, including the stems
- 2 organic Yukon potatoes
- 4 small pieces of kale, including the stems
- 3 leeks
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste (I would recommend 1/4 tsp of each)
- Cut the green off the leeks and rinse between the flaps, then dice the white part
- Add the leeks and garlic to a medium sized sauce pan and saute in some coconut oil until fragrant
- Add water, potatoes, broccoli stems, kale, salt and pepper and bring to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer, cover with lid, and cook until ingredients are soft
- Turn heat off, add broccoli florets, and let simmer for a few more minutes
- Blend with a hand blender, or let cool and blend in a normal blender
You can also play around with some of the ingredients; Lyndsay sometimes makes it without the kale, or without the leeks (depending on what she has on hand), and I’m going to try it with half a sweet onion and some more garlic (as I am a garlic and onion-aholic… my poor boyfriend haha). And there you have it, healthy, beautiful, delicious!