I’ve been reading a little bit about dairy (but not too much that I’m turned off from eating it) and how it can be rough on your digestion. I’m a huge cheese and yogurt lover, so I don’t know how I could live 100% without those two things, but I bought some Daiya “cheese” to test out in a couple of recipes. This one, so far has been my favourite! I wasn’t even missing the dairy.
How do you guys feel about dairy and your health/digestion? I’m ready/equally unready to learn more about it…
INGREDIENTS (for one tostada)
- 1 mid-sized tortilla (roughly the size of your hand)
- 1/4 cup Daiya cheese
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 teaspoon of Bubbies prepared horseradish and beet (you could also substitute this for some jalapeno, or a spicy pepper of your choice)
- 1 egg
- Salsa verde (you can make your own, but I used this one by Mad Mexican)
- Sprinkle Daiya on the tortilla and bake in the oven at 350 F for 10 minutes (or until the tortilla is crispy and the Daiya has melted). Check your oven often, you don’t want it to burn on you 😦
- While the tortilla is toasting, smash the avocado with a fork in a bowl and add the teaspoon of horseradish and beet
- Fry egg in a pan so it’s crispy on the outside but the yolk is still a bit runny
- Take tortilla out of the oven, spread avocado mix on top of the tortilla, lay egg on top of that and finish with a dollop of salsa verde
Delicious, flavourful, healthy and really easy to make.