Nothing says fresh like mint, right? I had some leftover mint from my Watermelon and Mint Lemonade and came up with this salad. I have a feeling it’s going to become my summer staple when I don’t have a lot of time or brainpower to come up with a meal, because it’s so fresh and light, while also filling me up.
You’re getting a big serving of greens from the salad, plus a healthy amount of fibre and protein from the chickpeas and peas. On top of all that, the fresh mint adds a lot of flavour. Yum!
INGREDIENTS (serves roughly two people)
- Half a cucumber
- 3 sprigs of mint (just the leaves)
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 can of Roasted chickpeas
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Start by following our roasted chickpea recipe – this step takes the longest so if you want to throw this salad together quickly, I would make the chickpeas the day before. Roasted chickpeas are one of my favourite things and make a great snack, so it never hurts to have extra on hand and prepping them beforehand, takes this meal from 45 minutes of prep time, to 10-15 minutes.
- Cut cucumber, roughly dice mint and add to bowl
- Wash lettuce, break into bite size pieces and put in a bowl
- Mix ingredients for dressing, I like to put the oil and vinegar in a mason jar then shake it up.
- Add dressing to salad then top with chickpeas and it’s ready to eat! 🙂