My godmother is an amazing cook. She once made a roasted tomato dish and I wanted to give it a shot with my own gluten-free twist. This meal is hearty, flavourful and if you’re a pasta lover (like me), but you can’t eat gluten (like Erin), then you have nothing to worry about with this pasta.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of rice pasta
- 1/2 a large red onion
- 1 bunch of kale (cut thinly with stock removed)
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Wash tomatoes, peel and crush garlic, slice red onion and lay out on a baking sheet
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook until the tomatoes burst. Don’t forget to check on it often and mix if the garlic and onion gets too dark
- Boil pasta for 7-10 minutes
- Wash and thinly slice kale
- When the pasta and tomato mixture is cooked, drain the pasta (keep a little bit of the water in the pot)
- Add tomato mixture to pasta and kale. The kale will cook in the heat of the mixture. Once that’s wilted, drizzle with fresh olive oil and it’s ready to eat!