This is another standout recipe from Ella Woodward’s cookbook, Deliciously Ella, which we are currently featuring in our book club! Like many of Ella’s recipes, this dish is very easy to make, and does not require a lot of ingredients. The base of this dish is just avocado and steamed broccoli; I’ve added other ingredients such as roasted chickpeas, sprouts and radishes. What really makes this meal delicious though is the dressing! It is a pleasing mixture of sweet and salty tastes, and is also very easy to make.
For the base…
- 1 1/2 heads of broccoli
- 3 ripe avocados
- handful of cilantro (I substituted with sprouts)
For the dressing…
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp tamari
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey or mape syrup
- Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces and steam for about 7 minutes
- Cut avocado into cubes and mix with the broccoli and cilantro in a salad bowl
- Add all ingredients for the dressing into a mug and stir the dressing well, then drizzle it over the salad
Add in any other ingredients that you wish, I really loved the addition of roasted chickpeas!