I was recently exposed to Maca Powder, a ‘superfood’ that grows at high altitudes. It has been linked to increasing energy levels and balancing hormones just to name a couple of perks to the flavour, which is why I enjoy adding it to my smoothies. To me, maca powder has a rich nutty flavour, but it can be an acquired taste (Erin isn’t a fan, but I love it). It’s my new favourite smoothie add-on :). Read on for the full recipe and the brands of the powders I use.INGREDIENTS
- 2 frozen bananas – important to be frozen because it gives the smoothie a more milkshake texture
- 1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 – 1.5 cups of water or your favourite nut milk alternative – I used cashew
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder – I use this one
- 1 teaspoon of cacao powder – I use this one
Just add all of the ingredients to a high power blender (I use a Vitamix, expensive but it’s my favourite thing) blend on high until smooth and it’s ready to drink!