If you’re on the hunt for a delicious one bowl meal, look no further. This recipe is so simple and it takes nearly no time at all to make (under 30 minutes). Plus, you are getting a complete protein from the quinoa and extra protein from the chickpeas. Read on for the full recipe!
- One cup of cooked quinoa
- Two pickling cucumbers, or half of one large/traditional cucumber
- A sprig/handful of mint leaves
- One can of rinsed chickpeas
- Half of a medium sized red onion
- Sprinkle of salt, pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL – nutritional yeast and sesame seeds to top it all off
For the dressing – I used the same base as the one in our Mint and Roasted Chickpea Salad, except I added a tablespoon of real mustard and a tablespoon of tahini. For another salad dressing option you can also try out Erin’s Simple and Healthy salad dressing.
- Cook one cup of quinoa (boil two cups of water, add one cup of rinsed quinoa to that boiling water, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa starts to fluff up).
- Rinse the chickpeas, chop the cucumber into dime-size pieces, dice the onion and mint and add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Add dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
- Let quinoa cool slightly and add to bowl and you’re done!
Told you it was simple, and I love a one-bowl dish 🙂 and this is a healthy, filling meal that is even yummier as leftovers. You can even cook your quinoa the night before to make it even faster or try it out as a potluck dish as a vegan or dairy & gluten free side or full meal. Anyway you make it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!